Sunday, April 6, 2008

Welcome to MCJ

As an old friend, a new friend, or someone who googled "Marin County Jesus" in hopes of finding a fundamentalist congregation in San Rafael, I welcome you.

For the past few years, I have been working on a manuscript that chronicles the colorful years I spent as a Southern Baptist seminarian in Northern California, and since creating a blog is easier than finding a publisher, I have decided to slap the book’s title on this site and post my ramblings here.

Studying Bible Belt religion in an eclectic West Coast setting was a unique experience, and I’ll try to give you a flavor for what it was like—as well as explain why I am no longer a Southern Baptist (or an evangelical of any stripe). I’m hoping folks can take what little truth may be gleaned here and profit from it, or at least enjoy a chuckle or two at my expense.

1 comment:

Listrav said...

Steve, I'm happy to say that this reflects what I've come to expect from you - it's intelligent, funny, and honest. I'm glad you're choosing to share it with us; I hope I see regular additions...